Wednesday, February 1, 2006

State of the union

Generally, I thought the state of the union address was OK ..then again, I wasn’t expecting much. At one point I thought someone else was speaking ..or they handed him a revision. First, Bush champions scientific research ..especially in the area of alternative energy. Now that’s very commendable ..surprising ..but commendable. However, he then goes on to demonize biotech as though anyone who practices this profession is a godless, flesh-eating pariah. He calls for legislation to make sure that this type of pond scum doesn’t start buying and selling genetic mutations on the open market. I wonder what’s going to happen to the value of biotech stocks. Probably nothing ..investors don’t pay much attention to this type of speech. As inconsequential as it may be ..I wish he wouldn't talk so much about things he doesn’t understand. I trust doctors a lot more than I do politicians.

1 comment:

Humour and last laugh said...

I trust faith healers too, as faith really heals.