Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Darkeness at daybreak

I wake up feeling run down ..don’t know what’s up ..I drink some coffee ..eat some strawberries ..and sit outside to clear my mind ..images of Madonna appear ..flashbacks from the Grammy awards last night ..I also hear Bruce Springsteen singing: “once I had a job ~ once I had a girl” and then fades away ..I look across the deck and see sunlight coming through the eucalyptus trees ..a dry creek bed ..further up I hear the sound of banjoes, bluegrass and broken glass ..coming from an old abandoned Appalachia-looking cabin. No, wait ..those were auditory hallucinations ..not to worry ..they’ll pass. I remember hearing someone at the Zen center say that enlightenment gives you the power to “transcend all four elements and overcome obstructions”. I could sure use a case of that right now.

from my decktop
I see how brutal nature can be
to a butterfly on a leaf,
the hummingbird zipping by is a savage beast.

No comments: