Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sex education

When I was about twelve, my parents put a book on the shelf titled ‘Human Sexuality’. They knew that I would read everything I could get my hands on ..so, I guess they figured I’d stumble across this soon or later. When I took it upstairs, I found out it was really a book of ‘erotica’ thinly disguised as a ‘sex-ed’ book. Very thinly. Must of slipped by my folks. I went to the section titled ‘Preventing Pregnancy’. The first chapter covered the proper use of a condom. It was an excerpt from a Mae West biography. She describes having sex with a stranger she meets in a hotel elevator. They fuck from dinner time that evening ..to way past lunch time the next day ..without sleep. They went through 31 condoms ..31. She had room service deliver them. She says it was the most incredible sex she ever had. So, what did I learn. Thirty-one orgasms was probably not what I could normally expect ..but it was possible. The next chapter, appropriately titled ‘chapter 69’ ..explained what to do if contraceptives weren’t an option. A newlywed couple couldn’t afford to have children right away ..but they were catholic and contraceptives weren't allowed. They try abstinence but the husband is going crazy ..dry humping every piece of furniture in the apartment. After a couple glasses of wine one night he tries putting it in her ass while she’s bending over to pick something up off the bedroom floor ..she goes ballistic ..screaming incoherently ..he winds up sleeping on the couch for a week ..and now has to give up alcohol as well. The wife confides their situation to a female co-worker ..who gives her a French book on the delicacies of oral sex. Liberation!!! (This was before the American sexual revolution). Now they’re eating each other with wild abandon ..on every surface ..in every room ..on the table ..under the table ..licking wine off of each other ..calling in sick ..and ordering Chinese a lot. What did I learn from this. Anal sex was like being reamed with a hot poker ..and can lead to insanity ..(?) but more importantly ..I needed to learn as much as possible about oral sex.

No comments: