Saturday, February 11, 2006

Sunshine

I wake up this morning feeling great ..I throw the curtains open and sing: “Good day sunshine” over and over again ..louder and louder each time ..wondering what’s going to happen today ..whatever it is ..I can’t wait ..I go downstairs ..have some yogurt, strawberries and coffee ..then go outside to read and clear my head. As soon as I sit down, a chainsaw goes off ..sounding like a band of screaming banshees –whhhiiiirrrrrrrrr crrrrrruuuunchhhh crrrrrruuuunchhhh ..my teeth rattle ..my head shakes ..I can’t hear myself think ..how rude ..I fume ..I scream but I can’t hear myself ..how are they going to ..ok ok, lighten up ..it’ll pass ..whhhirrrrrrrr crrrrrruuuunchhhh crrrrrruuuunchhhh neeeyoww hhhisss ~quiet~ then, Rick. Rick Rick ..whataya doin ..Rick Rick Rick ..whadaya doin ..Rick Rick Rick!!! Reply: Haven’t ya ever seen a lumberjack before buddy ? ..brummm brummm {{Chainsaw noise}} nnneeyowww hhhisss ~quiet~ Rick Rick Rick ..cut this one down ..Rick Rick Rick ..cut that one down ..Rick Rick Rick ..what about the one with the owl in it ..Rick Rick Rick ..cut it down ..cut it down ..I wanna see it! I wannna see it! ..Rick Rick Rick !!! Reply: Buddy, you know I can’t do that ..now go over there and sit down ..brummm brummm {{Chainsaw noise}} nnneeyowww hhhisss ~quiet~ Rick Rick Rick! Yea buddy ? Build me a birdhouse ..Rick Rick Rick ..I wanna a tree house ..Rick Rick Rick ..can we get in the car now ..Rick Rick Rick ..can I try that ..Rick Rick Rick ..cut her head off ..Rick Rick Rick!!! You know, I don’t think I’m going to complain about that chainsaw noise anymore.

3 comments:

NeverEnough said...

Do you know these people?

Lee William said...

no ..do you?

Lee William said...

just teasing you jen ~ they're neighbors ..the little boy is his nephew ..not his son ..thank goodness ..and the 'head' he was refering to was a doll's head ..probably belonging to his sister. I purposely left it ambiguous.