Monday, February 13, 2006

Night sky

It’s another extraordinary night ..there's a confluence of warm air, full moon and offshore flow ..giving everything a celestial glow ..the sky looks ultraviolet and indigo ..my deck is illuminated by the moonlight ..the night sky is alive and vibrant ..sending waves of energy to anyone who’s in tune (i.e. stoned) ..this is no ordinary night ..no downstream beer ..no low-grade shake ..and no time for pedestrian music ..I put on Grateful Dead, Country Joe ..60’s lunatics ..and turn them up real loud. I go out on the deck ..shout the words to every song ..and dance in the moonlight ..feeling like I’m at the Fillmore west. Thank you night sky ..whoever you are ..and my condolences to anyone within hearing range of this crazy noise.

6 comments:

NeverEnough said...

You are living my dream life Lee!

Lee William said...

You're too young to have 60's flashbacks Jen ..( ;

Hachiko Monogatari said...

True, but you can't stop 'em from dreaming, which is the first step towards making it a reality, if they have what it takes... (wink!)

NeverEnough said...

I did go to a few Grateful Dead shows Lee!

Lee William said...

Warms my heart to hear that the 60’s era lives on in the hearts of others ..

elise said...

i like this.

i wish i had more to say but i feel like that was sufficient and the truth.