Sunday, October 7, 2007

Peninsula

I’m not a mountaintop ..nor am I an island or a rock ..I think I’m more like a peninsula ..that’s what I identify with most ..a peninsula ..where a tiny sliver of sand connects me to the mainland ..or mainstream society ..and, from time to time ..dissolves under water ..like driftwood you see one day and not the next ..commitments erode ..contacts are broken ..mortgages foreclose ..and people drift away ..but, I think the main reason people pass so regularly is because I’m a real son-of-a-bitch to get along with ..I get hostile and drive people away ..which probably means I prefer it that way ..a peninsula is not such a bad thing to be .. waves break on both sides ..and no matter which way the wind blows, it’s always a soothing ocean breeze ..and when things get really rough, I break away ..find sanctuary from the people that hurt or disturb me ..only problem is, I can’t seem to break away from the thoughts in my head that hurt or disturb me.

2 comments:

elise said...

i love that entry.

you always have the breeze mr. zen man.


i think I'd have kirsten dunst play me. she's a little quirky, and i love her snaggle tooth.

Lee William said...

excellent choice ..i loved eternal sunshine !! I was originally thinking claire danes ..but kirsten dunst is much better.