Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Junk

I feel a cool breeze on my face ..it makes the candles flicker ..the chimes ring ..and my mind wander. A thousand and one things rattling around up there ..not one worth writing about. Why don't I feel like there's anything worth writing about ? Nothing entertaining enough ..clever enough ..or interesting enough. It all seems like a bunch of boring crap you'd find in a junk drawer ..images of someone I haven't seen since 2001 ..remnants of a failed relationship I'm still trying to fix. I'm even trying to improve a conversation that I had the night before. I wonder why I do that ? Maybe if I rummage around long enough I'll find something interesting ..a key to a door I haven't opened in a long time. You know, I'd even settle for a junk drawer ..because it's becoming a real strain trying to keep my thoughts in order ..I'm always afraid of miscalculating ..taking the wrong step ..saying the wrong thing and making myself look like an idiot. In fact, I think I'm more afraid of that than I am falling off a cliff ..it's true ..as crazy as that sounds.

No comments: