Monday, October 22, 2007

Esalen (day eleven)

I wake up grumbling ~ I intentionally slept in so my new roommate could use the bathroom first ~ it’s almost 8:30 am and he’s still in there ~ I get up ~ pop a couple chewable vitamin C ~ and head down to the lodge for breakfast ~ I eat a bowl of yogurt ~ figs ~ granola ~ and sit outside sipping coffee ~ figuring that there was no reason to grumble ~ I’d be sitting here sipping coffee either way ~ I love watching the way the morning sun catches the mist rising off the water ~ it's definitely Indian summer ~ the ocean is calm and undisturbed ~ I take my off shirt and go ‘that’s what I want to feel’.

Now I’m sitting in the lodge after lunch ~ shaking off the frustration I feel after trying to explain to Kitty why Portia is not such a bitch ~ I wasn’t successful so I ended up telling her that I have the same difficulty as Portia trying to explain the work at the foundation ~ only Portia knows when to put on the breaks sooner than I ~ which makes her appear rattled and cagey ~ but, who wants to displace Esalen talking about work ~ I tell Kitty that I’d much rather hear about her painting workshop ~ now she thinks I’m a bitch ~ I conclude that it’s hard to put into words something you feel passionately about ~ at the same time you’re immersed in it ~ Portia is one of the co-founders of the foundation ~ and she’s not in it for the money.

4 comments:

msb said...

Love your story. Really some good information and you have a great style.

Lee William said...

mmmm, thank you so much ..that makes me want to go write some more .. :)

msb said...

well theres always NaNoWriMo :+) cheap thrills and is really fun

Lee William said...

have you done it ..?