Monday, June 9, 2008

Language of squirrels

The Senate Intelligence Committee just released a report titled: ‘how the fuck did we get here’ or ‘what did Bush know and when did he know it.’ Most people think it’s a waste of time and I have to agree ..it’s like beating a dead horse. But, if you listen closely ..it reveals something about human nature ~ how susceptible we are to deceptive speech. It also supports my theory that the mind is a story-making device ..in the absence of substantial information ..it makes up shit (anyone interested in where this shit comes from ..click here ~~>theory). Although there was no Intelligence information to support it, President Bush continually implies a link between Hussein and 9/11.
“After September 11th, we’ve entered into a new era and a new war ..and Saddam Hussein is a man that we know has had connections with Al Qaeda.”
“Secretly, and without fingerprints, Hussein could provide his hidden weapons to terrorists, or help them develop their own.”
I have to give Bush credit ..although he implies these connections ..he never comes right out and makes them. He relies on his listeners to do that ..which they did ..a Washington Post survey found that over two-thirds (69%) of Americans believe they heard Bush say Saddam Hussein was behind the attacks of September 11. I also admire the way he squirreled out of it later by having Condoleezza Rice go on ABC’s Nightline and say: “We never claimed that Saddam Hussein had either direction or control of 9/11.”

6 comments:

Red said...

I am not politically savvy(wish I was) but I had a feeling way back when that Mr. Bush had a (pardon the vulgar terminology, but it fits) hard on for going to war.

I don't get it, why would anyone want to plunge us into a war that w ehave no business being in.

Hopefully who steps into his shoes will do whatever it takes to get us home. I know that does not hlep those who have already lost their lives, but I wold still like to see us come home.

Shimmerrings said...

Language is everything... and nothing. Amazing. And what about that brain, making stuff up!

Lee William said...

How true ..language is so ephemeral ..yet it makes such a lasting impression. It’s a blessing and a curse ..depending on how you use it. I post examples like these to remind myself ..Thanks

Lee William said...

Red ~ Your feelings were correct. He had preconceived ideas for dealing with Iraq ..and no tolerance for information to the contrary.

brad4d said...

nuts, I already replied to this on the theory page

lee said...

Brad ~ then that's where I'll respond