Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Indy

A moment of lucidity ~ I’m enjoying the new Indiana Jones movie ~ but have to keep reminding myself what he’s after ~ crystal skulls ~ real-world entities that, according to legend, were made by the hands of other-world beings ~ beings who visited earth, before Columbus, and were worshipped as gods by the early Mayans ~ the skulls are said to have mystical properties that could put us in contact with their creators ~ I repeat this to stay grounded ~ and bring context and coherence to this high-speed adventure. It’s really spectacular. Afterwards, I ask my friend’s 10-year-old daughter if she caught the part where they reveal the meaning of the skulls ~ “uh, kinda” she says ~ “I like the part where they were flying through the jungle and sword fighting.” ~ You got it ..I tell her.

7 comments:

sky-walkyria said...

I came trought your place by chance and I like it. Thank you!
Glass skull is a very evocative idea. I´ll come back after I´ve see the movie.

Shimmerrings said...

I'm planning to see the movie, actually missed to chance to view it at the drive-in theater :) I have a tiny smokey quartz skull (see my post about hearts, hearts and more hearts). I actually held one in my hand, years back, that had been stored (supposedly) for a short time, in the same vault as that "Max" crystal skull you hear so much about. They are interesting...

Lee William said...

Sky ~ Glad you made it. Thank you! Please come back .. :)

Lee William said...

Shimmerrings ~ I just happened to see a documentary about them before I saw the movie. You're right ..they are very interesting.

sky-walkyria said...

I have already seen the movie!
I also like the sword fighting, :-)
One of the best parts for me is the idea of achieve a superior conscience out of several -13- individuals

Lee William said...

Sky ~ Sensational movie huh ? I agree ..collective consciousness can be awesome ..in the U.S we value individuality so much we lose sense of community

sky-walkyria said...

they say, this individual quest is just a step before we achieve a greater conscience,
if we don´t know who we are, how can we share....