Monday, June 30, 2008

Bex


Bexi’s grades tanked ~ her sophomore year is over and she’s sitting slouched and expressionless ~ she says she feels ‘a bit off’ ~ her mother says she doesn’t know what to do ~ she tried taking her to the hospital (?) ~ but the hospital said they needed family therapy ~ family therapy wound up causing more grief ~ mainly because her mum had to take time off of work ~ which I’m sure made Bexi feel even worse ~ probably why she’s feeling ‘a bit off’ ~ I suppose I would feel the same way ~ her mother is talking, but I tune her out and focus gently on Bexi ~ I sense discomfort ~ she doesn’t like attention ~ now I sense a shift ~ she’s pissed ~ her mum is talking about all of those ‘private family matters’ Bexi brought up during counseling ~ and how she really ripped into her for it afterwards ~ so now I think that ‘counseling’ must sound more like ‘punishment’ to Bexi ~ and her mother is using it as a threat ~ funny, in my day it was reform school.

Her self-portrait ~ submitted with permission

No comments: