Sunday, June 22, 2008

Brandi Carlile

I went to the Lobero Theater today where I saw Brandi Carlile and Priscilla Ahn ~ a couple of indie folk artists who, I must say, blew me away ~ in fact, I can’t remember the last time I was so entranced by an opening act ~ Priscilla sings like an angel ~ no, more like a choir of angels (she knows how to use the wee-petal so it really does sound like a choir) ~ her songs are smart and funny and made us laugh a lot ~ Brandi wails and brings everyone to their feet ~ how often can you say that about a folk singer ~ I guess you can say that a lot these days ~ I see so many female artists who can play unplugged like Joan Baez ~ perform country music like Johnny Cash ~ and rock ‘n roll like Melissa Etheridge ~ now maybe I live in a shell and haven’t been aware of it ~ but it sounds to me like female artists are finding their voice in just about every type of music today ~ folk, country, rock, metal, goth ~ and some are creating their own style ~ man, I salute them all. There’s something else I can’t help noticing ~ a pleasant but unfamiliar fragrance around me ~ it’s kind of soapy ~ not like dial or ivory soap or anything like that ~ more like something you get at a spa or salon.

Click on image to see full size

5 comments:

Shimmerrings said...

And how fresh and lovely you is... me, I've been downloading some old James Gang...

Lee William said...

.. and I just bought a CD by the Doors, lol

Shimmerrings said...

er... I meant SHE is... :P

Lee William said...

lol, i read what you meant ..not what you said .. ;)

lee said...

Thanks for the tip ..I'm always open to new music.