Saturday, July 30, 2005

Trim dich

It rained really heavy last night ..which means today we are running up the muddy trail of a ‘trim dich’ course. I would like to get a rhythm going so that I’m not struggling so hard to keep myself upright. I start belting out tunes ..trail tunes like:
‘I don’t know ..but I’ve been told ..it’s hard to run ..with the weight of gold ..(breath, breath) ..other times ..I heard it said (breath, breath) ..it’s just as hard ..with the weight of lead’.

The forest is so thick ..the air is so heavy ..and Cindy and Steve are so far ahead that they can’t hear me. Lucky for them. I’m shouting as loud as I can. Feels liberating. Soon I’m running in step. I reach a temporary anxiety-free zone where there is only motion ..smooth and easy. Nothing pressing down on my chest ..nothing constricting my breath. Just watching my feet strike the ground ahead of me ..in a trance.

1 comment:

Studio Robertson said...

Servus Bill,
i bin's.. die Jenny vom Bodensee...
You would not believe how much the "Trimm Dich" changed since 2005. I don't go there running anymore. The last time I went running there it was flooded with water. I called the police to inform them, but they told me not to worry about it. The municipal had built a dam to stop flooding in the city. That was really weird for me, because the running path ended because of a huge artifical pond in the middle of the forest and no warning signs at all. Normally I run a dusk and wow, this was really an adventure for me, running there since 197something.
Hope you are well and also running again or cycling on.... three wheels? That would be cool. I like those trikes! A big hug from little sis Jenny