Sunday, July 10, 2005

Cosmic California Coast Journal

Notes from an electric guitar slide by the creekside ..between soft beams of sunlight filtering through a canopy of eucalyptus trees. Farther downstream, an abandoned Appalachian-like cabin echoes banjoes, bluegrass and hillbilly brats ..I was raised on the soaring sounds of jet planes ..the exploration of outer space ..the celestial sights of inner space ..the sweet ringing of Jerry Garcia singing ..the mind bending riffs of Jimi Hendrix ..the pulse of San Francisco beat poetry ..and the Zen mind reflecting serenity. I am a hybrid. My origins are interdependent. I follow the trail both east and west. I wander along the dusty aisles of university libraries ..then streak out over online avenues of networked computer galaxies. At my source, I am vibrations ..waves of energy striking the senses ..turning into neural energy ..then traveling to the brain centers that create my experience. I am who I am in the conceptual networks of the mind.

No comments: