Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Homöopathy

I started homeotherapy this morning with Dr. Meßmer. She is a ‘Naturheilpraxis’, which means ‘natural health practitioner’ ..specializing in acupuncture, homöopathy and neuraltherapy. They regard this sort of thing more highly here than in the States ..I think it's part of their medical establishment. It also kind of fits in with the natural surroundings ..taking it’s place among the farms, forests and alpine mountains. I kept waiting for her to prescribe more butter, yogurt and cheese. Anyway, I complained of the usual ..fatigue and neuropathy. Her blood test revealed something that doesn’t show up on my tests in the U.S ..that is, my bone marrow is producing too many ‘immature’ red blood cells ..which helps explain the fatigue. Dr. Meßmer prescribed, among other things, folic acid to help oxygenate my blood, and L-arginine to help my liver detoxify better. She said that my immune system looks strong ..which I’m happy to hear because it means I have a better chance of fighting free radicals.

No comments: