Friday, February 9, 2007

Streaming imagery

I read an article about Einstein in the newspaper this morning ..and it made me think about the way I warp space.. kind of like a planet ..only in my case, it’s psychological space. My brain actively processes the surroundings ..sampling information from some areas more than others ..depending on what interests me at the moment. This creates a bubble that changes the way life appears. Matters of greater interest come to the foreground, and appear in high definition ..while matters of lesser interest fade into the background. Distortion and dispersion are the result. I rarely catch a glimpse of things the way they really are. Sensory phenomena arise and dissolve each instant ..my senses are refreshed ..and a new cycle of information rises and dissolves. It's a natural flow ..anything different would be like trying to drink from a fire hose ..there’s just too much information ..I beleive my brain spends most of it’s waking hours screening calls.

No comments: