Friday, February 2, 2007

Split level head

I’m so happy I live in a split-level head ..there are so many rooms ..I don’t have to go anywhere ..I can do all my traveling from home. I run up the stairs ..where the police are ready to beat me because of my ongoing problems with authority. I run up the stairs and there’s an attorney waiting to brief me ..but I resist because I don’t trust anyone who’s trying to convince me. I run up the stairs where there’s a room full of women ..and a table full of daggers. I run up the stairs where my business partner shoots me. I run up the stairs and find an empty room ..feels kinda’ lonely in here. I run up the stairs into a room full of books ..I browse the shelves until I find one that says I’m better off living by myself. I curse the fact that I can’t talk to my father ..until I find the page that says that he has trouble talking to me too ..which makes me feel like an oddball ..until further down I read that maybe he’s an oddball too ..I feel grateful for the realization that there are two sides to that story ..and hope it’s not because I’m a paranoid schizo. I worry about the up-coming apocalypse ..then realize I have no religious basis to think one might ever happen. I curse the wind and rain ..but even the sunshine brings me pain. I worry about my cholesterol ..and drive 95 mph down the hall. I am a man of constant contradiction ..wait long enough and I’ll tell you the opposite. I’m so happy I live in a split-level head

5 comments:

elise said...

i love the story-teller's mind. some many options, who is to know what is next? not even the person who thinks them knows.
perhaps in another life you were a story telling gypsy, singing the same song but the lyrics were different everytime you sang.

Humour and last laugh said...

Both will be ture.

Lee William said...

Elise ..that’s true ..i often don’t know what i’m going to say ..or where i’m going with it ..or where it goes after i said it ..i sometimes think i was a traveling minstrel in another life ..and that perhaps the song is playing still ..thank you

Lee William said...

Humour ..that's true

Shimmerrings said...

This comment has been removed by the author.