Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Personality disorder

I don’t think a 1,000 mile road trip is such a big deal for an astronaut ..especially one who’s in the grips of a desperate love affair. It doesn’t require a psychiatric category for me to understand. Besides, I hear the term ‘personality disorder’ used to describe so many different things people do these days ..it doesn’t explain anything at all to me anymore. I think common feelings such as fear and panic ..brought on by an over-blown sense of threat and danger ..are reason enough for me. I find it hard to believe that a highly trained astronaut veers off on a trajectory towards self-destruction, and flushes her career down the tubes ..because she has a ‘personality disorder’ usually associated with over-achievers ..as the experts claim.

5 comments:

identity crisis and said...

Those crazy hormones just get the best of us at times...but one wonders where the..."hey this is kind of silly and self-destructive" button was.

Happy Valentine's Day to you too.

Lee William said...

lol, yea ..probably hidden behind the delusion of "..i'm not gonna survive if i don't go through with this."

it's the little things... said...

We do incredible things for 'love' or the threat of someone taking it away...

Lee William said...

It's like a life-support system ..

msb said...

A Valentines Day post is perfect. I was thinking more along the lines of obsessive compulsive. I've been there in the name of love. But those were the days when I sat in bars with my G-friend and picked out all the personality disorders we were sitting amongst. Such arrogance.