Sunday, February 25, 2007

Power surge

I feel a surge of energy running through my nerve cells ..disrupting my attention ..making it hard to read the paper .. or think clearly ..or focus on what I want to do next. Should I call and invite Laura and Karla to watch the Oscar’s tonight ..? Oh, that wouldn’t interest a thirteen year old, she’d probably rather watch a video. Besides, I’m still fighting a head-cold. I prepare a cup of tea ..and instead of sipping it ..I gulp it down. I vigorously clean the table ..and decide not to push it any further ..I put on music from the ‘Sylvia’ soundtrack ..light a candle ..sit down and try to sustain a coherent train of thought ..no luck ..they just scatter like rabbits. I feel anxious ..but can’t see the reason ..just had a good night’s sleep ..even woke up feeling cheerful after a dream I can’t remember ..although if I try hard, I get a faint image of myself, sitting on the bluffs with my friend Jack ..and he’s like ..why aren’t we in the water yet..? Maybe we all suffer bouts of attention deficit from time to time ..keeps us from getting into a rut ..and helps us explore the one-thousand-and-one things around us ..without hesitation.

No comments: