Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Day before Thanksgiving

I wake up feeling absolutely no sense of urgency ..I go downstairs ..eat breakfast and chat online with my sister Nancy. There’s an ‘onshore flow’ which means cool and breezy conditions by the water ..so, I go to the computer lab ..and see if I can get caught up ..but end up sitting and talking to John instead. Afterwards, I go to the gym ..not to exercise ..but to sit outside ..eat lunch and watch the tennis players ..which was fortunate because otherwise, I wouldn't have run into Michelle ..with whom I used to work. She tells me what’s been happening ..without a single word of complaint ..which is remarkable because I don’t often hear people talk about work without complaining. She tells me that Sandra Williams is now head of operations ..and Eric Jackson oversees software development. I’m glad to hear it. Eric was my neighbor when I moved to town in 1990 –living down by the harbour. Back then he was a college student wondering what to do with his life..

No comments: