Monday, September 12, 2005

Time warp

I'm laying peacefully on the deck under a clear night sky. There's no moon and the stars look like bonfires. First, I find Taurus ..then Orion. Astronomers say I’m looking at past history ..stretching clear from here to the beginning of time. The next morning I’m looking down my street, about to walk to the corner market, when I remember what the Hopi Indians say about time and space: they are inseparable. I’m actually looking forward in time because, from where I am now ..the corner market is in the future. Then I wonder ..aren’t I looking into the past. I mean, I can’t see the future ..all I can do is project the past and all the other times I’ve been to the market. So really, what I’m doing is looking back in memory ..(?) Now I’m sitting on the curb ..feeling kind of lost.

No comments: