Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Geek mind

Fear and loathing in the computer lab ..or mothers, don’t let your children grow up to be techies! I look up ..it’s past midnight and I’m still in the computer lab. I’ve been here through lunch and dinner but my appetite wore off a long time ago. I’m running on fumes of acetylcholine and obsession. I refuse to accept defeat. It’s like there’s a defiant broadcast signal in my brain hollering: ‘why don’t these fucking numbers compute ..why don’t these fucking numbers compute ..and what kind of a fucking loser am I anyway’. But the real question is ..why can’t I just back away from the computer and walk outta here? I haven’t had normal eye contact with anyone for over 24 hours ..and I'm getting delusional. It looks like the guy next to me is eating his keyboard ..another person is muttering over and over again about files from hell ..someone is crying about something irretrievably lost ..there's a guy over there shaking his fist at the screen and shouting about how unstable his connection is. The lab assistants look disturbed. When the guy next to me starts saying something about getting a gun ..I lean over and ask him to shoot me first.

2 comments:

Miss Templeton said...

Hello Lee!

Glad you found my blog as it has led me to yours. A fellow Californian too!

All the best

Miss Templeton

Lee William said...

Miss Templeton ~ Good to see you .. I follow your blog and I share your passion for music ~ Lee