Friday, September 30, 2005

Offshore flow

There is a distinct line on the horizon separating the ocean and the sky. No blur, which means there’s still an offshore flow ..no marine layer to fog things up. Jim and I walk along the beach ..watching the waves and the birds ..and he tells me that ‘birds are transformed fish.’ ‘Huh ? ..are you saying birds evolved from fish ?’ ‘No, I’m saying that they eat fish’ ‘Hmmm, couldn’t you just say that birds are digested fish ?’ ‘Yea, same thing.’ ‘Ok, ok ..since they’re part of a food chain ..can you also say that fish are future birds?’ ‘Ummm, no ..I don’t think the fish are aware of that.’ ‘Now wait a minute ..how do you know what fish think ?’ ‘Well, I don’t think they’re counting the days till they become birds.’ The line between the ocean and sky is blurry now ..I think the flow must have shifted onshore.

2 comments:

NeverEnough said...

Wow - what a pretty thought.

Lee William said...

Thanks Jen ..I will pass that along