Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Geek society

I’m going to class tonight ..and, I’ve never felt more stupid ..I’m taking visual basic ..because I always thought it was way cool ..and now they’ve upgraded it to java class ..but I got such a leaky head ..I haven't done anything like this in about a million years ..and there's all these young kids in there going 'what's the old guy doing here ?' ..and I’m going 'what am I doing here ?' ..and when I say ’young kids’, I don’t mean ‘cute college girls’ ..they don't take classes like this .. all the good-looking girls are in the real estate class next door ..come to think of it .. there aren’t too many good-looking guys in here either ..a bunch of pale-skin, spiky-hair, skeleton-thin computer hackers with piercings and tattoos .. jacked up on red bull, Xbox and adrenaline .. jabbering in computer code with razor blades behind their ears ..switchblade knives .. waiting for me in the parking lot ..because they prey on the old and weary ..ok, then Wednesday I’m taking another class ..database servers ..now these guys are so far in the back office that light hurts their eyes ..I feel safer with them though ..they're just anti-social.

No comments: