Friday, May 6, 2005

Some kind of tranquility

I'm on deck writing. I call it ‘tranquility base’ because that's what the sign says on the fence over my head ..the sign my sister gave me. There’s also a creek running by and trees filtering the sun ..gives me a sense of, well .. tranquility. My laptop sits perched on the table next to me. It’s connected to the Internet wirelessly. I like to think of it as an open portal to everyone everywhere. I chat on it from time to time. A ‘westerly’ comes through the trees and I move into the protection of the porch. Now I’m sitting under a Finches nest. They’re probably wondering what I'm doing on their property below. They’re turning my porch into, like ..the bottom of a birdcage. It’s OK ..I got newspaper. Today I'm giving myself a mental health break. A reward for finishing a project on time. Been hunkered down behind a computer so long ..I need to refresh my senses ..improve my peripheral vision ..stretch my legs ..and look at my feet. Now I notice I’m mentally chatting with people who aren’t there ..creating instances of them in my head so to speak. I give them voices and simulate conversations we really had ..picking up where we left off. Now I’m quarreling. Now I’m telling myself to stop quarreling. Now I’m giving it a different ending.

No comments: