Friday, May 27, 2005

NeuroJournal

The networks of my mind feel sluggish today ..like they do whenever I try to connect them myself ..and put together a coherent narrative. It feels like I’m interfering with the natural, effortless flow of thought. I see fleeting networks of text fire while I read the paper ..only to disappear in an instant ..unless I intervene to make them persist ..extending them with reactions and opinions ..adding relevance and the weight of feeling ..like how does this information fit in with my plans to speak and sound ‘smart' at the computer club next week ..? I feel like I’m writing from my head too much ..so, I turn my attention to the senses ..see what they have to say. A strong, cold wind continues to blow by ..rattling the leaves of the trees ..while I hunker down in the warm and cozy shelter of my niche outside. I suddenly realize there’s a storm approaching ..because I remember the weather reports I heard last night ..connecting the gust of wind in front of me with something bigger, and more sinister somewhere out to sea ..resonating mind ..bringing me back into my head again.

1 comment:

brad4d said...

when i discourage myself with a judgment I place a period to keep the sentence from running on but the evaluation that encourages is a HYPERLINK to lifelong learning desire to understand pacing and rhythm outside my vision.