Sunday, May 29, 2005

Crash

Am I being poisoned by the weed killer across the creek ..or the fumigation across the street ? Maybe that’s what’s making me feel rundown and low ..but I don’t really know. Blurry spots drift by my field of vision ..and gently fall to the computer keys ..it looks like soot but I know it’s all in my eyes. Yesterday I hiked for 6 hours ..my longest time so far this year. It was a strenuous hike too ..30 minutes up to APS and ‘Sylvan Park' ..my first stop .. where I practice deep breathing exercises for 5 minutes. Up the steps to Mission Ridge, like climbing a stadium, where I breath for 5 minutes on a stone bench. Following the trail to ‘Franceschi park lookout’ ..I sit in my ‘hideaway’ and breath again. I climb some more and go around the bend ..stopping at ‘Stillness field’, with its Zen-like rock garden ..where I breath again. Loop around the hilltop on a shady country lane ..then drop down Arbolado way. I’ve been told that walking downhill teaches your legs how wide they can stride. So, I concentrate on stretching my legs and taking big steps. I know it looks funny. Crash ~ my motor coordination is off today ..as well as my equilibrium ..I fumble with the breakfast plates ..I stumble around the deck setting up table and chairs ..I catch myself by grabbing hold of the umbrella pole ..or hitting the fence, then the door-frame ..kinda’ like a bumper car.

No comments: