Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Khat tea

California just enacted a law making Khat tea a criminal offense. Thanks Joel (R-San Diego). I guess one person’s tea is another person’s poison. Kind of like mistaking a rope for a snake. Khat tea does have mild psychoactive properties ..it boosts alertness and feelings of well-being. That’s frightening. But then, so little is understood about the psyche that it’s probably best to keep it under the authority of the state rather than the sovereignty of the individual. Anyone who gets a heightened ‘sense of self’ deserves to be cut down at the knees anyhow.

2 comments:

Bill611 said...

I honestly had never heard of it before now. But just looked it up and it indicates that it promotes, and I quote: "...euphoria, increased alertness and excitement, ability to concentrate, confidence, friendliness, contentment and flow of ideas. Users feel alert, relaxed and more talkative. It also reduces appetite."

I agree with you. We have WAY to many thin, focused, content and friendly people in this world. Thank God I didn't find out about this before... Who know's how much weight I may have lost and just what executive chair I'd be occupying now...?

And can you imagine if they let this loose in the prison system... What...with all the kind, studious inmates...preparing to better themselves for the outside world, what would all the prison guards do all day?

lee said...

That's HILARIOUS !!! You definitely have a better wit than me .. :)