Sunday, April 29, 2007

Blur

My nightmares entertain me ..it takes a sonic boom to wake me ..daylight blocks my view ..ideals surround me. I follow a windy road ..compounding delusions as I go. People whoosh by like signposts at ninety ..their expectations confound me. Daylight dissolves into disappointment ..and the mist of ideals fading ..but that’s OK ..most of them are my own anyway. My niece Karla spent the day ..which I enjoy greatly ..goes by like a blur though ..we ate at IHOP ..walked around the lagoon at UCSB ..Andy explored ..I showed Karla where the students live ..we cruised Isla Vista ..walked on the bluff ..Andy ran into a volleyball game ..they told him it’s his turn to serve ..got a pair of converse for Karla ..then everyone disappeared ..people sure hang on and let go in a hurry ..only the voices in my head still remain.

No comments: