Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Traveling ghosts

The news is so sad lately ..it’s hard for me to sleep at night let alone read the morning paper. A lot of ghosts are being released into the atmosphere ..I hope they get home all right. What’s troubling is that they die so violently ..and so far from home ..that they get lost in a middle world of desperate ghosts ..unable to move on to the next world. These are the ones that visit me at night while I sleep and plead for money to purchase a plane ticket home. I don’t have the heart to tell them that it doesn’t work that way anymore ..so I burn paper money to get their attention ..then I light a lantern and read aloud from Zen Master Dogen in hopes that they find a way out and are able to continue on with their journey. I feel worse for their loved ones who are suffering thousands more sleepless nights in this world. It’s for you that I write.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.
Thank-you.

NeverEnough said...

I love this so very much. Almost made me cry...

NeverEnough said...

Okay, I am crying after re-reading this.

Babs said...

Wow.