Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The road to recovery

I have a nasty cold ..it feels like I’ve been hit by a truck ..must have happened sometime around Thursday ..I should’a seen it coming after driving miles and miles of coastal road with wet hair and the top down ..on the other hand, it could have been something I contacted at the clinic when I stopped by to say hello ..lots of hugs and besos there ..or maybe it’s just my karma ..who knows ..there’s no end to the possibilities my mind conjures up when I feel this way ..so I stock up on lemons and tea ..Chinese hot and sour soup tastes good spiked with beer .. I turn my bathroom into a steam room and soak in warm water. I get absorbed in photoshop to help take my mind off things ..which is probably the reason I’m not very good ..it’s not really meant for the brain dead. Before I know it, it’s 4 am ..so I go to bed ..where I experience wave after wave of crazy thoughts ..like maybe I caught the bird flu virus ..or my neighbors are conspiring against me ..or my family is trying to disown me (they treat me like someone with Tourettes) ..or maybe my house is going to collapse from deferred maintenance ..and, at this rate, I'll never learn to speak Spanish ..how am I ever going to meet the right woman in this town if I can't speak Spanish.

2 comments:

NeverEnough said...

Aww sweetie... I hope you feel better. You don't know any Spanish yet?

Lee William said...

si ..senorita bonita