Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Rad lands

Totally awesome day ..the sky is so blue I feel high. Anne and her niece Molly are at the skate park ..Molly is eight years old ..she’s small for her age ..but tough . She brought her skateboard decked out with new decals ..Frankenstein and Casper the ghost. She’s wearing a black on red alien tee shirt ..and a new pair of vans. I watch her do a couple of laps around the park .. ‘carving a slope’ around each turn ..we high five. I ask her what that guy just did. A fifty-fifty she says. And that guy? A grind. What about over there (a guy does a jump ..his board flips around and he lands back on). Oh, that’s an Ollie. Another guy crashes in front of us ..dude ka biff’d she says ..happens all the time. I’m amazed at how fast children pick up a second language.

2 comments:

NeverEnough said...

Me too - my 4 year old says things that make me shake my head in disbelief. Kids are amazing...

Lee William said...

yes they are ..a childlike mind is a terrible thing to lose