Friday, April 7, 2006

Auditory hallucinations

This evening I hear Gregorian chants coming from the creek down below ..I go outside to check it out ..then it sounds like it’s coming from next door ..I know my neighbor is a singer in a goth-rock band ..so, I go over there to listen ..but the sound disappears ..they wake up ..and he comes outside with a baseball bat. I should have known ..he never rehearses at home. It sounds like a high school band is marching through the bathroom when the fan is blowing and the water is running ..I turn off the water and the phone is ringing ..I run downstairs and realize that it’s my ears that are ringing. I lie awake listening to people quarrelling when it's dead quiet outside. I hear conversations coming from the guest room when nobody is there. I wake up to the sound of my mother screaming. When things get spooky ..it's the voice of reason I hear ..coming from my father. When I get really paranoid ..I hear wolves howling at the door. When I scream back ..doctors appear. Oh wait, they're visual hallucinations ..I hope.

2 comments:

NeverEnough said...

I started having auditory hallucinations just like this when I was doing one certain drug. Almost put me in the nuthouse. Tell me you're doing okay now Lee.

Lee William said...

You have a big heart ..i took a bunch of these ‘episodes’ and put them all in one post ..i'll have to mention that from now on