Friday, February 12, 2010

NYC

Usually when someone tells me what they expect to see in a place they’ve never been before ..I think it says more about the place where they’re coming from. Like, what else do they have to go by. But, more often it's like, what a stupid generalization I go by. Joey is a screenwriter from NYC who I met last night at the baths. When I asked what surprised him most about California, Hollywood in particular, he said he expected sharper teeth. Not sure what he meant, I asked him to tell me more. He goes “I expected sharper teeth because Hollywood always seemed like such a far-away fairytale place ..sitting inside of a fort ..surrounded by a moat ..guarded by sharks.” I laughed my ass off. What an illustrative mind ..! Not much about NYC there, expect, perhaps, the part about the sharks. But then again, that’s another stupid overgeneralization of mine ..it comes from watching too many TV shows..

No comments: