Wednesday, April 2, 2008

BB in a boxcar

My head is pleasantly empty ..no mixed messages or quarreling narratives ..just a cool breeze passing through ..I can even hear myself breath. I know there’s a lot of stuff I should be thinking about ..planning a trip to Mexico ..helping Laura ..watching Karla ..paying taxes ..making house repairs ..and a thousand and one things that I can’t remember ..and I’m not sure I want to. I’m going to try to just sit here and enjoy the ‘wonder’ of uncertainty ..instead of dreading it like I usually do. I realize that goes against my nature ..but I’m not so sure that ‘worry’ is one of nature’s better qualities. I look around and notice how my eyes magnify the debris nearest me ..cracker crumbs ..chipped paint ..smudged tabletop ..and a bunch of other crap I forgot about ..makes me feel like a walking contaminator ..like ‘Pig Pen’ from the Peanuts comic strip. I go outside and immediately feel better ..for some reason when I'm out here the debris doesn't bother me.

No comments: