Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Neuro

I wake up this morning feeling foggy headed ~ it’s a balancing act getting out of bed and down the stairs. I sit down and pour myself some coffee and cereal ..and watch as one half goes in ..and the other half goes out of the bowl. I clean up. I drive to see the neurologist ..and get the results of an MRI scan that I’ve been sweating about for the last couple weeks. “Looks good ..!” he says ~ and I’m relieved ~ but I ask him to tell me, once again, what he’s looking for. “The reason you’re out-of-balance.” he says. “I know the answer to that.” I say ..leaving out the fact that we talked about this last time. “OK ..” he says “..tell me what you think the reason is ..dumbshit.” (I filled in the dumbshit part). “The same reason I see a physical therapist ..there’s a problem with my ‘vestibular system’ (sense of balance) .. I do ‘neuro-retraining’ exercises for it and blah blah blah” ..and he’s not even listening and says he has no idea what I’m talking about. I leave feeling even foggier than before ..but with enough sense to realize that I worried over nothing ..MRI’s are expensive ..and I definitely need to get another neurologist. I pick up a cup of coffee at Starbucks ..and get a parking ticket for being in a passenger-loading zone ..I turn the page and there’s another ticket for having no front license plate ..it’s over $100.00 ..I sit on the curb ..drink my coffee and try to remember what happened to the license plate ..and wonder if this is somehow related to the magazine I swiped from the waiting room. I stop by Lazy Acres to pick up ginseng and flax seed oil. I power on to Tri County ..Trader Joe’s .. and Presto Pasta. I get home where there’s a message on my machine .. the ‘good deal’ I found on computer memory last week is gone ..Microsoft Vista uses so much .. there’s been a run on the market ..not to mention the value of the yen ..and I’m sitting here feeling like I just skidded nine miles ..out of the last ten.

2 comments:

Shimmerrings said...

That karma's a for sure thing... bad lee william.

Lee William said...

That's for sure ..bad lee william ..bad lee william.