Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Muddy waters

Lily Allen sings ..I take a sip of coffee (fair trade french roast) ..and watch people passing by on the street ..from my favorite window seat at Muddy Waters. Brian asks: if I could hang out with a famous Hollywood actor (but not female) for a day ..who would I choose. Carmen Cruz immediately comes to mind ..so do Uma Thurman and Drew Barrymore ..none of whom I can use ..even though I think they would be fun to just hang out with. Tom Cruise pops into my head ..not because I want to hang out with him necessarily ..but because he claims to have a cure for dyslexia. Hope Sandoval sings ..which I’ve come to expect from any coffee bar on any given day ..suddenly Meredith Brooks ..Sarah Daly ..and Chrissy Hynde pass through my head ..and, even though only a few of seconds have gone by ..I feel like I need to come up with an answer fast ..otherwise Brian might think I’m trying to hide something ..(?) So, I stall by asking him if it means that I have to sleep with them ..he says no, just a few beers .. shoot some pool. Johnny Depp springs to mind ..mostly because I’ve been seeing his name and face a lot lately ..but I also think he’s an interesting character ..so is Billy Bob Thornton and Tim Robbins ..both of whom I think I could spend a day chatting with ..but before another second passes, I blurt out the name Robin Williams ..probably because it rhymes with Tim Robbins ..but after I say it, I realize how awesome that would be. That was a tough question ..which makes me feel surprised at how small my picture of the world is ..I don’t even know what’s happening on the next block ..let alone Hollywood ..Mr. Cosmopolitan that I am ..maybe what I need is a subscription to People magazine ..or maybe just a swift kick in the head.

5 comments:

elise said...

very tough question. so says i.

i like your choice. comedic actors would be the best. i don't need anything too serious for a what if- situation.

oh mr. zen, you surprise me with your wisdom.

msb said...

Ellen DeGeneres cause she loves dogs. and seemes to have a good perspective on life. Funny too. I agree, Elise, enough serious in my life.

Lee William said...

I agree ..I like laughter better

Anjelam said...

I thought for the longest time Ben Kingsley but then I read an article in Vaniety Fair of his choice of pardners and ruled myself out of the list tee hee!
I would have to say Sean Penn, I saw him once at Post Ranch Inn. I was wearing wellingtons in the rain and he stopped to say "Nice boots" I think he is handsome and lovely enough to say hello.
Other than that I am trying to think of someone else whom I would want to spend time with and that it would be mutually fun and interesting and are about my age give or take 5-10 years so say 45-55 though anything older would be alright too. No no one else comes to mind. Good question though. If I could have it be either sex I would choose Glenda Jackson or Judi Dench- some really witty, intelligent sort of gender bender people- who have lived amazingly stretched at the seam lives.....

Lee William said...

Anjelam ~ Interesting ..Sean Penn sounds gracious indeed ..Billy Bob Thorton and David Duchovny sound interesting on talk shows .. I’m still drawn to humor ..so, my other choice would have be Steve Martin