Friday, March 23, 2007

My front door

Its’ been a long time since I was in the middle of nowhere ..not sure if I remember how to get there. One thing is certain however ..I feel like I’m getting stuck in the middle of ‘somewhere’. Fences are going up so fast that, pretty soon ..I won’t be able to recognize the canyon where I live anymore. It looks like the city of Los Angeles has leapt a firebreak ..somewhere around Calabasas ..and is spreading fast. Where it will end ..God only knows ..but now it’s right outside my front door. I’m finding out what happens when destructive forces cross natural barriers ..attorneys with unscrupulous practices follow. They steal a million dollar view and sell it to somebody else ..there ain’t nothing you can do. I hear when psychological boundaries collapse ..they bring doctors with the latest medications ..which is a good thing because maybe then I can find the middle of nowhere ..take off my clothes ..lay in the grass ..look up at the sky ..and feel like I’m part of the earth again.