Monday, June 12, 2006

Summer time

I jump in the Alfa ..roll down the top ..slip in Melissa Etheridge and head into town. I stop at IHOP ..tell them I need a big table to spread out the morning paper ..my journal ..plans ..notes and things. Serious business. There’s a German family at a table nearby laughing ..they’re definitely on vacation. I put my eggs ..over easy ..on top of a stack of folded German pancakes ..the irony is not lost on me ..after two hours of strategic thinking I have no idea what to do next ..the sleeves on my jacket are a bit long ..just enough to make me look like a street person ..I decide to take it to Maria in the big old Victorian house at the corner of Chapala and Haley ..I drive down Anacapa to avoid State street (which is like Main street) ..passing by the library, I go "Hey, that sure looks like Anne" ..wearing blue spring colors and a matching cap ..I holler but she can’t hear me ..I cut across traffic, turn left through the intersection and drive around the court house ..wondering where she may have gone ..I look inside the library and find her over by the CD’s ..we chat for awhile and agree to meet later on and make plans for solstice ..there’s always a party in the park ..live music ..and a lot of people running around wearing funny looking clothes. Solstice is definitely my favorite holiday ..pagan idol worshipper that I am.

1 comment:

NeverEnough said...

You have the best adventures! I wanna go to the party too!