Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Daybreak in pink

I wake up this morning with the sunrise ..I see pink fog drifting by the window ..I sit up and stare ..it looks like another planet out there. It seems like this immense pink presence is trying to get in .. pushing on the walls ..and pouring through the cracks. I go around opening all the window covers ..it’s even waiting for me at the door ..and getting brighter. I go outside to sit and stare ...watch the mist pass around me and under the tables and chairs. I drink some coffee and read the paper ..but the words slide off my eyes and disappear into pink air. I shake my head and try to think ..but there’s nothing but a bunch of half-baked ‘sleazy’ ideas rattling around up there ..by ‘sleazy’ I mean ‘shadowy and unclear’ ..like the fog passing by ..intriguing ..but nothing I can hang on to. Better let them dissolve and pass ..leave space for the next ones to come and take their place.

2 comments:

elise said...

here, there is a shade of a yellowish green cast in the sky. and when it rains, the green really comes out.

it makes me want to lay in the grass and let the rain fall.


we should trade our pinks and greens for a moment.

Lee William said...

hey barista ..i'll lay down in a field of green ..while you watch the sunrise from somewhere by the sea