Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Chain reaction

There are some things in my life I don't understand ..well, actually ..many things. What I have come to notice, however, is that most things happen in cycles. For instance, I have a sleep-wake cycle ..as well a daily energy cycle. There are cycles for refreshing my senses ..keeping information flowing freely ..as well as cycles of integration going on inside my head ..keeping my ideas fresh and up-to-date. The ideas I have one day don’t always agree with one’s I have on another day. However, I don’t think of them as ‘contradictions’ ..they’re part of a natural rhythm that keeps me flexible and in tune with the world-at-large. When that rhythm is lost ..conflicts emerge. Suddenly things aren’t going the way I want ..or expect them to. Usually happens when I haven’t been keeping up the practice of refreshing my ideas. When these conflicts go unresolved too long ..they compound ..and I begin to feel at odds with the world. Harmony is lost ..and delusions appear. When harmony is lost ..friends come around offering advice ..when this fails ..and my life slides further into disorder ..doctors and lawyers appear.

No comments: