Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Second Christmas

Last weekend was Christmas again ..my sister Nancy drove up from Orange County ..that was fun ..we exchanged gifts ..watched the Bob Dylan DVD she got me ..followed her itinerary ..and saw ‘Brokeback Mountain’ in the afternoon ..fine movie ..then had dinner at Rose’s Cafe ..and saw ‘Walk the Line’ in the evening ..excellent! I highly recommend both. The next day we walked the backstreets and alleyways of east side Santa Barbara ..admired the architecture ..listened to ‘Ranchero’ music ..and tried to figure out what’s going on ..one thing’s for sure ..single-family homes are becoming extinct ..food for condos ..I hope it doesn’t look like New York City someday. Anyway, one of my goals for 2006 is to finish decorating ..and Nancy has a talent for that ..so next we went to Z gallery ..where I got the decorative mirror that I had in mind ..shaped kind of like the sun ..and she picked out an awesome print by Klimt that’s going on my bedroom wall. Once you get started ..it sort of feeds on itself ..each thing calls for something else to go with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frightening photo !!!!!!!!!!