Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Reading behavior

I keep losing my place in the paper ..I’m trying to get back to the article I was reading ..but can’t remember what it was about ..suddenly the fig trees of Fresno pop into my head ..and remind me that I was reading about the date farms of Baghdad ..now I see images of date trees lining the entrance to Newport Fashion Island ..like you were entering the grounds of the Taj Mahal ..or some desert kingdom in Saudi Arabia ..I never saw Lawrence of Arabia ..and I don’t really know if there are date trees at the entrance to the Taj Mahal ..so, I check Google ..and nope, they're cypress trees ..the fig trees are in the back ..what article was I reading again ..it says here that Spain has colonies in Morocco ..I didn't know that ..now I see images of Christopher Columbus ..because that’s how long they've been there ..what about the date farms in Baghdad? I don’t know about those either ..too many distractions.

1 comment:

Samir said...

Salam... the Spanish enclaves in Morocco are Sebta and Melilla (sometimes spelled Ceuta and Melillia)
You can read about them here:
Sebta and Melilla