Sunday, January 15, 2006

Deck of cards

I stumble out of the bathroom and into the kitchen ..crashing into walls ..I have my morning bowl of yogurt and cereal ..and rush to the deck ..I get the patio furniture out because it rained yesterday ..and manage to crash on top of it ..the umbrella cushions my fall ..I sit down with my coffee, laptop and the morning newspaper and start to read when a northwesterly squall comes hurling down the canyon ..blowing away anything that’s not tied down ..the umbrella and chairs collapse like a house of cards ..I grab the laptop ..fall backwards into a planter ..curse the demons that are out to get me ..and quickly go inside before they take another whack at me.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

OUCH !!!! HOPE YOU'RE OKAY.

NeverEnough said...

Haha! Sounds like me some days. Love ya Lee :)