Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Kālī

continued from [here]
I saw Kālī a few more times before she left Santa Barbara. Then I didn’t hear from her at all. I assumed she was getting along OK in Ojai ..composing music ..following the path ..getting clear ..when I received a message. She’d gone much deeper than that. The path was now her home. She was living at an Ashram in Colorado ..immersed in spiritual practice 24 hours a day ..sometimes performing Tantric Yoga until sunrise. Tantric yoga requires a partner ..and she had one. Marco Shapanka is a practicing Hindu and devotee of Sri Ramakrishna. Sri Ramakrishna was a 19th century Bengalese Swami and head of Dakshineswar Kālī Temple. Sri Ramakrishna also had a partner ..Sri Sri Sarada Devi who is considered to be an incarnation of the Goddess Kālī. So, to my astonishment, Serena was not just following Kālī ..she was re-enacting the life of Kālī and her successive incarnations. It felt like I was witnessing the birth of another wave in a cycle that had begun 4,000 years ago.
(to be continued)