Friday, February 1, 2013

Rule-driven

       ..whereabouts unknown
 “Perpetual devotion to what we call business is only sustained by perpetual neglect of many other things.” ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
Day 56:  I think my new obsession with counting carbs is making my taste buds dull. I’m wondering what other things my senses are missing. The sign that says: no pain no gain has definitely taken a toll on my flexibility. I feel about as stiff as a board. In my search for common ground I think I’ve been missing subtle differences. Now I don’t know but I’ve been told knowledge is knowledge of differences. Or is that the language of separation ..(?) Lately I feel like a commodity that requires a ton of self-promotion. And this what’s-in-it-for-me attitude is robbing me of what’s-in-the-moment. Dr Thompson says he doesn’t know too many people with good mental health who don’t also have good presence-of-mind. Even Ecclesiastes says “..what the eye beholds is better than what the mind foresees.” Makes me wonder if I haven’t veered off-course somewhere.

No comments: