Monday, December 1, 2008

Wave action

The atmosphere looks blurry .. and the sky is a pale shade of blue. But the water has shape .. and slams me back to shore. The sky is fuchsia ..stars are shining ..and colorful dancers twirl by ..while others just float. I shake my head and they turn into a flock of birds. I lie there and let the white water wash over me ..remembering something that I heard one time ..telling me not to mistake the waves for water ..waves are the expression of a force passing through water .. appearing as a ferocious beast to anyone that hasn’t got sense enough to either plug-in or bail-out ..before it reaches shore. I drag my sorry-ass back to the sand ..and bow my head in hommage to the deities of the deep blue sea.

7 comments:

Shimmerrings said...

...very beautifully expressed... thank you for sharing that...

Red said...

Wow, I really, truly liked that...a whole lot Lee, wonderful words.

lee said...

Thank you Shimmerrings ! Yeah ..sit on a surfboard long enough and you begin to notice the swells go by ..but the water underneath you doesn’t change.

lee said...

Thank you Red ! I’m so glad you like hearing about those things.

brad4d said...

Thanks for that reminder of force projecting medium . . expression from the deed . . surfaces as stories to "plug-in or bail-out". . so much got through so few words . . poetically ~B

brad4d said...

not deed . . deep!. . implications?

lee said...

poetic indeed ..a few words I borrowed from surf-speech