Monday, December 8, 2008

nowhere zone

A bell rings ~ I remind myself to sit straight ..take some deep breaths ..and be mindful. But my mind wanders ..flashing on images of people I’d like to see ..and asking them what they think about my latest harebrain idea. I gently bring myself back to the present ..and pay my respects to the pull of the ego. Now I hear children playing .. I feel a smile rise ..and remember something somebody once told me ..it’s better to live by a noisy schoolyard than a cemetery. Now I hear the swoosh of cars on Anapamu Street ..and I pay my respects to the sounds that pass by my little span of attention. I’m returning to the present moment without a clue where I was the moment before ~ now I’m answering a question that someone asked me yesterday ~ and I’m asking myself what that’s all about ~ now I hear myself shushing me ~ now I’m telling myself to quit shushing me.

8 comments:

Shimmerrings said...

... lol... :)

Leon Basin said...

Hello, how are you?

Bill611 said...

If I catch myself talking to "no one", then "No One" must be here. But if "no one" is here, then who am I talking to?

Hmmm? Hmmm?

T h i n k a b o u t i t...

):-D

lee said...

Shimmerrings .. ;)

lee said...

Hi there ..! I'm fine, thank you.

lee said...

Mr. No One ..I suppose. But then I’ll settle for anyone who answers ..something at which the entities in my head are outstanding.

brad4d said...

I talk to Mr. Al/one,
waitin' here for everyman

lee said...

Bradford ~ Excellent ..thank you for answering Bill’s riddle ..talking to ‘no one’ ..can mean many ..or every one ..I suppose. I hear enough voices answering back that I might as well be talking to, not one ..but everyman.

I admit, I actually went looking through my Jackson Browne collection ..but what I was looking for was on album 2 ..(not A1) ..so there went that theory. Then I remembered that long time ago I heard someone say something about everyman .. and I think my puny brain caught a glimpse of what you say.