Sunday, August 17, 2008

Reading minds

I ran across an article in today’s paper that caught my attention. It says that army scientists are looking for a way to capture human thought ~ using brain waves ~ in order to help soldiers returning from Iraq with head injuries. Since I somehow consider it my life’s work to debunk overreaching statements like these ~ I thought to myself ~ I know brain waves are good at tracking levels of attention ~ and biofeedback is used to help people with ADD. However, I can find no evidence to suggest that brain waves somehow represent the vicissitudes of human thought. This project has no merit. The only reason the military would consider such a possibility is in search of a better method of mind-control ..which is precisely what they were after, without success, when they conducted unorthodox experiments using LSD back in the sixties. They’re obviously not doing this in the interest of science ..so I certainly can’t believe they’re doing it for the benefit of soldiers returning from Iraq.

6 comments:

Red said...

It's funny, and not ha ha funny. As I began reading this article, the first thig that came to mind was...there is no freaking way our government is doing this for the bettement of our boys overseas. Puh-leaze.

And then you added your persepctive on this and I was sitting on your side of the cheering squad. There is an ulterior motive to be sure, and it is not for our boys and girls over there fighting that war.

Shimmerrings said...

I'm behind you on this one, Lee. When has our government really been interested in dealing with the atrocities that war has reaped on our men and women? We use their bodies up and then dump them on the heap, waiting for the next batch up!

Lee said...

Red ~ didn’t it whiff of BS ..? reminds me of raiders of the lost arc ..there’s nothing there except vapor. Thanks

Lee said...

Shimmerrings ~ I lose it when government officials tell outrageous lies ..in the interest of humanity. What’s so civilized about conducting a meat-grinding war ..in the name of civilization. It so hypocritical. Thanks for your insight.

Shimmerrings said...

I forgot to mention, when my husband (deceased) was interviewing for a job with Lockheed Missiles and Space, there was a second party who just sat observing him. He felt, strongly, that it was someone who was trying to "obtain information" about him, by observation or mind reading. He felt invaded, to say the least.

Lee said...

Shimmerrings ~ I believe you can get a lot of information by simply observing ..although it sounds downright rude in that setting