Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Shoot out

When I hear about innocent people getting gunned down on the streets of a border-town (see Ciudad Juarez) ..I don’t immediately think of ‘those damn drug traffickers’ ..I think of the US legislators who persist in keeping drug laws on the books ..making smuggling a high risk venture ..commanding high prices for it’s contraband .. enriching drug lords so they can afford private armies to protect their ‘illicit’ enterprise .. and out-gun local law enforcement officials in charge of fighting this fruitless war on drugs. I don’t think it’s the bullet that kills ..it’s a chain of command that begins at the head.

2 comments:

Shimmerrings said...

I'm with you on this one, too :) Ego runs amuck...

Lee William said...

So true ..!! and ego keeps things running that way.